Saturday, November 29, 2008

Speed Scrap

I've been having fun at DigiScrapStation with their speed scraps or Saturday Night Express as it is called in their forum. I think it's fun & challenging. Every 10 minutes during the hour you are given a new assignment. For example, the first item was to find either a black/navy background or to put an "X" on your layout.

Once all the assignments have been given out, you have one hour to complete your layout & upload it to the DSS gallery.

Here's my layout for the week of November 22nd. I used items from a kit called Tweeting Friends (available at Bits2kits by SAS Designs). I recolored the background paper to be dark black & used items from the kit I hadn't used before. I love the pink sparkly swirls. I feel like if I hadn't searched them out for this challenge they may have gone unused (which is a real shame.)

I created the 8 point star from background paper & used a font called MA Sexy for the quote we were assigned to use "I'll Be There For You."

Overall, I had a blast & was able to create this fun layout. I think I'll hunt out some more speed scraps in the future when they work in my schedule!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, not too shabby. I can't believe you made that in an hour. Wish I could do that. What's the opposite of speed scrapping? That would be what I do, lol!

Michelle said...

Cute lo! I've been wanting to try a speed scrap, but haven't caught one yet.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and your layout turned out so cute. Of course with a subject like that, I know you must always make wonderful layouts!

Hugs,
Thena